2014 Milwaukee Mental Health Task Force Summit
Family Resource Center
- Milwaukee's recently expanded Dryhootch FOB (Forward Operating Base), across from the VA, offers veterans a wide range of programs to assist in their journey, covering a range of issues from other veterans who have walked the same path. We also know that family is often the first to know of the struggles of their returning veteran.
- Help us build programs that will assist struggling families in becoming "peers" for their veteran, aiding the veteran and the family with the return home.
- Please send your ideas, needs, offers of volunteering, etc. to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will keep everyone in the loop as we go forward.
- If you’re interested in joining a group of women veteran walkers/hikers in the Milwaukee area, please email Sue Loomans at (email@example.com). The group will meet for local hikes (between 2 and 5 miles) at a casual pace, and potentially plan a longer excursion for a fall. It’s a new group, so bring your energy and ideas.